Eat and drink the Tweed Hinterland
Tweed Hinterland Food & Drink
Scheduled Tours: $175pp – Sundays from the Gold Coast (Minimum 4pax for a confirmed departure)
Private Tours: See opposite for Private Rates – Bookable Wednesday to Sunday departing from Brisbane or Gold Coast.
Please enquire for groups of 2 or 3.
Leaving the Gold Coast behind at 10am, you’ll be amazed by how quickly the urban jungle morphs into the rolling farmlands of the Tweed Valley in the northeastern corner of New South Wales. Our first stop will be at an organic family farm and cafe where we’ll take a walk around the picturesque property, visit a friendly pig, pick some sunflowers, and perhaps crack some delicious local macadamias, depending on the season.
Set on an avocado farm nearby is Earth Beer Company, a community-focused boutique brewery overlooking iconic Wollumbin (Mount Warning). We’ll take a tour of the rustic brewery and sample its tasty beers (with other options available for those who don’t enjoy beer) before heading to Husk Distillery just down the road.
On a tour of this innovative rum and gin distillery, you’ll learn all about Husk’s Australia-first method of making rum from local sugar cane before trying its spirits for yourself. Set on a sugar cane farm with cracking views of Wollumbin and a gourmet cellar door menu, Husk is the ultimate destination for a long, lazy lunch. So that’s exactly what we’re going to be doing here before we drop you back to the Gold Coast by 5.30pm.
Staying in Brisbane? This epic itinerary is also available as a private tour departing from Queensland’s capital city.
- 10am Gold Coast or 9:30am Brisbane Departure (10km Radius from CBD)
- 11am Farm & Co. Coffee & Sunflower Picking (Seasonal)
- 12pm Earth Beer Company Tour & Tasting
- 1:45pm Husk Tour, Tasting & Lunch
- 5:30pm Drop Back
Gold Coast & Brisbane Tour Collections can be arranged anywhere within 10km within both Gold Coast & Brisbane CBDs. Please enquire if collection is outside 10km radius from CBD.
- Door to Door Service
- Transport & Guide
- Farm & Co. Entrance Fee
- Brewery Tour & Tasting @ Earth Brewing Co.
- Welcome Cocktail, Tour & Tasting @ Husk Distillers
- Lunch @ Husk Distillers
- Any additional food or drink purchases not included above
- If booking for a weekend day, it is recommended that you book at least three weeks in advance, particularly in summer months.
- The itinerary is subject to availability and may be altered to differing times as well as alternative suppliers when booked out for weddings or events.
- Some parts of the itinerary may be altered slightly due to inclement weather.