The ultimate Byron Bay food and drink day trip
The Farm, Lighthouse, Food & Drink
Scheduled Tours: $189pp – Tuesdays & Fridays from the Gold Coast (Minimum 4pax for a confirmed departure)
Private Tours: See opposite for Private Rates – Bookable Tuesday to Sunday departing from Gold Coast.
Please enquire for groups of 2 or 3.
Setting off from the Gold Coast at 8.30am, we’ll cruise down through the rolling green farmlands of the Tweed Valley towards the iconic northern New South Wales beach town of Byron Bay. After taking in the sweeping views from Cape Byron Lighthouse – keep your eyes peeled for migrating whales between June and October – you can opt to take a refreshing dip at nearby Wategos Beach, home to some of Australia’s priciest real estate.
Next up we’ll visit hip hilltop cafe Top Shop – a local institution – for a caffeine hit before we head to The Farm. This lush, working farm on the fringe of Byron is anchored by the lauded Three Blue Ducks restaurant, where we’ll tuck into an incredible lunch showcasing produce harvested just metres from our table. There’ll be plenty of time to take a stroll around the property to meet the Highland cows, purchase some homegrown sunflowers at the on-site florist, or perhaps grab an ice-cream at Baylato, before we head to Stone & Wood to sample the famed Byron Bay brewery’s multi-award-winning beers.
Still thirsty? Good, because before heading back to Goldie, we’ll enjoy a tasting at one of Byron’s boutique distilleries. Set in a lush rainforest, Cape Byron Distillery specialises in gin (with whisky on the way), while Lord Byron Distillery produces rum, vodka, gin and more. Both venues also have sustainability stories as epic as their boozy offerings.
- 8:30am Gold Coast Departure
- 10am Lighthouse & Wategos Beach (Or Clarkes’ Beach) Swim
- 11am Coffee @ Top Shop
- 12pm Lunch @ The Farm
- 2:30pm Stone & Wood
- 4pm Cape Byron Distillery Tasting (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) or Lord Byron Distillery (Tuesday to Thursday)
- 6pm Drop Back
- Door to Door Collections
- Transport & Guide
- Lunch @ The Farm (Three Blue Ducks Restaurant)
- Stone & Wood Brewery Tasting
- Cape Byron Distillery Tasting (Fridays to Sundays)
- Lord Byron Distillery Tasting (Tuesday to Thursdays)
- Any additional food or drink purchases not included above
Gold Coast Tour Collections can be arranged anywhere within 10km within Gold Coast CBD. Please enquire if collection is outside 10km radius from CBD.
- If booking for a weekend day, it is recommended that you book at least three weeks in advance, particularly in summer months.
- The itinerary is subject to availability and may be altered to differing times as well as alternative suppliers when booked out for weddings or events.
- Some parts of the itinerary may be altered slightly due to inclement weather.