Picture this: you’re scrolling endless Pinterest boards and planning your dream wedding, but you’re wondering how to take your ceremony and reception from ordinary to extraordinary. Enter this blog post, featuring six simple wedding hacks to elevate the best day of your life.
1. Elevate your wedding favour game
Boring wedding favours or bombonieres are so 2021. Send your guests home with a gift that’s practical, personable and memorable. Here are some unique ideas:
- Travel-obsessed couples can gift monogrammed luggage tags to guests to inspire their next trip.
- Keen gardeners can send guests home with individual seed packets they can use to grow their own flowers.
- Provide guests with personalised coffee bags filled with your favourite blend if coffee is your love language.
- How about customised wedding thongs for a beach wedding?
2. Personalisation is key
Here are some easy ways to make your dream wedding more personal:
- Serve a signature cocktail (or mocktail) or two that means something to you.
- Create fun signage, whether that’s a custom neon sign or a rustic wedding sign that displays a favourite quote, a vow excerpt or something as simple as your initials.
- Add a personalised note at each guest’s seat.
- Create a personalised menu that reflects you as a couple and your favourite food.
- Create a photo wall where guests can take a walk down memory lane.
- Adorn your cake with a custom cake topper.
3. Embrace florals
There’s no such thing as too many flowers at a wedding, so go big or go home. Besides traditional bouquets and groomsmen buttonholes, think about flowers lining the aisles, a floral archway and flowers decorating each reception table. They’ll make your dream wedding not only look good but smell amazing. The type of flower will depend on your wedding’s theme, but roses, peonies and orchids are popular year-round wedding flower options.
4. Get lit!
If you want to create a luxurious and romantic night-time reception, you need candles… lots and lots of candles. Guests will struggle to forget the enchanting glow and warm ambience. There are various candles to choose from, including decorative candle votives that match your theme and tall candles straight from Bridgerton. If candles aren’t a viable option for your dream wedding reception, ensure whatever lighting you choose suits the mood. Go bright at the beginning and then tone it down when it’s time to hit the dancefloor.
5. Show-stopping stationery
Don’t miss the opportunity to incorporate special details into your wedding stationery. Remember that this doesn’t just stop at invitations, either. Elevate your wedding by including place cards and menus at each place setting to make guests feel included. Investing in a calligrapher to create your invitations, seating charts and wedding favour tags is always a worthwhile expense too. Guests will undoubtedly want to keep the show-stopping stationery as a keepsake, which is exactly what you want.
6. Don’t forget the in-between
Don’t leave your guests hanging in between the ceremony and reception. One of the best wedding hacks is to create a comfortable and intimate lounge area where family and friends can mingle, chat, drink and snack on canapes. Think about renting extra seating and let your wedding’s aesthetic flow into the space as well. Don’t forget the music, either. If you have a live band performing later, ask if they can organise soft acoustic tunes to accompany the relaxed atmosphere.